Monday, April 27, 2009

By mistake I just put down the Broadleaf fertilizer on my lawn about 2 weeks ago. That should of been done in?

june, and I should have put the crabgrass stuff down instead. My question is, is it too late to put the crabgrass and weed stuff down, or would it overfertilize and burn my lawn? Or should I just wait a few weeks for the broadleaf to absorb? I am worried I will get much crabgrass.

By mistake I just put down the Broadleaf fertilizer on my lawn about 2 weeks ago. That should of been done in?
It depends on where you are located. Crabgrass seeds need a soil temperature of 55 - 60 degrees to germinate. I'm located in Iowa(zone 4.5), which translates to a May application. As long as you are a month or so away from your fertilizer plus broadleaf application, you'll be OK to apply the fertilizer plus crabgrass stuff.





You might want to check the ultra scientific website which I have included, if you want to get scientific about it.
Reply:Don't put anymore fertilizer down as you will hurt the grass with over fertilizing. Just bite the bullet and wait for next year to put the Crabgrass preventer down. You can put your weed preventer down as your next application in a few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment