Friday, November 13, 2009

How do I get rid of a viola weed in my lawn?

It has purple flowers in the spring but after they are gone it's just a broadleaf weed that takes over the grass. I've tried weed and feed, dry and spray varieties.

How do I get rid of a viola weed in my lawn?
Most experts recommend killing everything in the entire area with round-up and then reseeding.
Reply:Another alternative if you don't feel like killing your entire lawn is improving your maintenance procedures. This will take a little more patience, but it will cost less and prevent the same problem in the future.





1. Cut your grass high and often. High grass helps keep the weeds from getting a foothold in your lawn. Cutting often never allows the weed to seed and spread.





2. Water deep and infrequently. Weeds thrive from frequent, shallow waterings. Grass thrives when its roots run deep from proper deep irrigation.





Hope this helps.

Teeth Implants

No comments:

Post a Comment